Update: TNT September 4th
Our first Thursday ride of the month will be as follows. 6:00 pm meet and sign in. 6:15 roll out and out on to city streets, bike trails and adventures. Summer rides have included the whole South Bay loop, thru Milpitas, Alviso, Sunnyvale and back via the Dumbarton Bridge. We have also gone out on to the levee trials at Ardenwood / Dumbarton bridge. These trails are dirt but can be ridden on regular road bikes and tires. Winter rides will be Tours of the Tri City area. Lights will be required from September onwards.
General TNT Info
Hi Team and guests,
- WHAT: Thursday nights are our weekday training session. The schedule for the evening will be a variation on power / speed / technique training. Larry Nolan will be setting the schedule AND leading the session from February onwards, which is a fantastic opportunity for us.
- WHERE: Eureka Drive, at the far west end of Stevenson Boulevard, on the Fremont / Newark border. Use this address for Google Maps or other GPS: 39655 Eureka Dr, Newark, CA 94560
- WHEN: The training proper will commence at 18:30. Riders will probably start to arrive around 18:00. Please make sure you are ready to ride with intensity by 18:30. Ride time will vary, but should be a minimum of 50-60 minutes. Come summer time and extra daylight, we could be out there up to 2 hours. we may even have an opportunity to do some motor pacing
- WHO: Open to all team members, and FFBC Riders. Guests are welcome to come to two (2) sessions at our scheduled rides before they must join the FFBC, at a cost of $20 per year. Riders must sign the sign-in sheet every time.
- WHY: To get faster, stronger, more comfortable riding in a race-like scenario, and to work with and support our teammates.
- Miscellaneous tips and rules:
- Lights, front and rear, are required from November through March.
- Flat repair and other basic tools are a must!
- Bring water you will sweat
- Regarding weather. Rain cancels only if it is a medium to heavy deluge. Light rain / wet roads do not cancel the session.
Anyway peoples, lets have a fun but careful time and see out there